Am I a runner who writes or a writer who runs?

Running releases those feel-good hormones called endorphins. That can lead to elevated creativity, too! And being physically tired can make it easier to relax in front of a computer for a few hours.

Or...just curl up with a good book.















Sunday, January 9, 2011

It started with fairy tales

The days of lugging home six volumes of fairy tales from the library are decades ago, now. In the 1960s, being able to create my own blog and publish it for all the world to see would have seemed as fantastical as anything from the Brothers Grimm.

But now, faced with the task of passing on my favourite blog and explaining why I follow it, I have to admit that I'm not a regular follower of any blogs. I've glanced at friends' running blogs but haven't found them compelling. So I chose to look for a blog that would review, discuss, critique or otherwise dissect books since they are still my favourite love.

After persusing a few literary blogs, I've chosen LiteraryMinded by Angela Meyer as my favourite. I like Angela's sassy, entertaining tone. She is a hyper-busy person from Melbourne, Australia who participates in many writerly activities and posts about them on her blog. She goes to literary festivals, does interviews and public readings, writes for magazines and teaches. Her blog includes book reviews as well as reports on some of the above-mentioned activities. She also includes guest bloggers. LiteraryMinded is visually attractive with its many photos and videos. Also, it is a useful writer's resource with many links related to writing and publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment